Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grandma S





















So awhile ago my mom sent all us girls an email with a recipe for mini chocolate chip pudding cookies. In the email she said this was something Grandma Schultz made us quite a bit. Well, I was feeling a little bummed because I had no memory of these cookies and grandma making them for us a lot. After all I was only in 3rd grade when she passed away. One night a week or so ago Cody was craving sweets. I try to be strong and say 'no' because I'm trying to be healthier. But then I remembered that recipe mom gave us. So I said 'okay', hopeful that in making and eating these cookies a wave of memories might come back to me.
Well, as I mixing the cookies a memory did come back. Of many times sitting on the counter next to Grandma's Kitchen Aid and helping pour in ingredients to make cookies.... I'm thinking now that it must have been these cookies.
As I actually tasted the cookies I remembered them! I do remember these cookies that are fluffy and have mini chocolate chips in them!!! It made me happy.
I wanted to put a picture of grandma on here but the best I could do was take a picture of pictures.
There is one of us sitting at Sunday Dinner. In this picture Bailey was the lucky girl who got to sit next to grandma. I remember wanting to sit there all the time, I think we had to take turns so we all got to.